Re: GCC 4.0 Freeze

Mark Mitchell wrote:

Please treat the GCC 4.0 branch as frozen as of this time. All non-documentation changes now need my explicit approval.

I'll spin prerelease bits soon.

It's a pity a couple of important gfortran bug fixes "didn't make it", but work is under way to get them applied to 4.0.1.

I'm still thinking about the text to warn gfortran users for the fact that this compiler at present doesn't cover all of Fortran 77 - and that we assume distributors to provide access to g77 as long as that's useful.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/