Re: Inline round for IA64

On Apr 7, 2005, at 13:54, Steve Kargl wrote:
I missed that part of the output.  The exceeding
long string of digits caught my attention.  Can
you submit a PR?

These routines should really be done as builtins, as almost all front ends need this facility and we'd fit in with the common frameworks for folding etc. The only reason I haven't done this so far, is that right now there is no general language-indepent framework for declaring builtins.

Basically, every front end has to set up typed and declarations
for every builtin, which is a bit of a pain, especially since there
are many floating-point formats and integer formats that we
might want to convert between.

-Geert