Re: Use Bohem's GC for compiler proper in 4.1?

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
 countries with obscure machines that escaped from Middle Age.

While I know a bit of third-wrld, I have also been working in some western European countries for a sufficiant time to say that, well, far many real machines used there for work in univeristies and research labs still don't go beyond 512Mb memory; and they really would love to use GCC and GCC should be usable on those machines.

And it would seem a great project for those with such limited machines to concentrate their efforts on making improvements in this area.

And of course we all agree on improving memory usage where possible, since
this often corresponds to improving performance even on giant machines,

But I doubt that projects to buy small linear gains in memory usage
are mainstream very worthwhile in the long run (non-linear gains are
*always* worth going after by contrast).