Re: GCC3 to GCC4 performance regression. Bug?

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 16:39, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> Jim you know that -fmove-loop-invariants enables the "new" RTL BB based
> loop optimizer?  This option was added back in 3.4.0.

No, I don't, and I stupidly didn't bother to check.  I thought he was
talking about some tree-ssa option.

I tried it, it doesn't help.  It solves neither the loop invariant code
motion problem nor the do-loop optimization problem.

If we are going to be moving to the new RTL loop optimizer soon then
fixing it only there would be acceptable.  Otherwise, it probably would
be good to fix it in the old RTL loop optimizer too.