Re: Suggestion for a fix to Bug middle-end/20177

James E Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com> wrote on 18/03/2005 07:43:55:

> You either have to keep all REG_NOTES up to date, or call code that will
> recompute them.  You can recompute REG_DEAD/REG_UNUSED notes by calling
> back into flow.  This is presumably what happens when you mark the block
> dirty, so that would be a sufficient solution for REG_DEAD/REG_UNUSED.

Thanks for the information, what we were doing was to call
update_life_info_in_dirty_blocks, but for some reason this wasn't
sufficient to
mark a register dead (REG_DEAD note) when the register was defined in a
predecessor block and dies in the dirty block; we had to call
update_life_info
for all the blocks to mark that register as dead. Is there cases that we
know
about that such case could happen? is this means a bug in update_life_info
?

Thanks,
Mostafa.