Re: Target specific memory attributes from RTL

_On 11-Mar-2005 02:48, James E Wilson san wrote_:
Note that in this case finding the target means indirecting through a memory address, and hence we would have to track the attributes of all memory locations which is a difficult and perhaps unsolvable problem.

As I said before, I think what you are trying to do is fundamentally flawed. If you need attributes, you use them when generating RTL, not when optimizing or emitting RTL.
Is expression evaluation (expr.c, expand_expr_real) converting tree into RTL, the right place to extend GCC as required?

I am planning to extend memory attributes (rtl.h, mem_attrs) with one more tree node to have type declaration of this memory.

Please correct me if i am wrong and give me the areas to be handled carefully while doing this.

Thanks in advance,
Balaji Sivan