Re: advice needed regarding c++ name mangling

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 18:02 +0000, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> Razya Ladelsky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My case is this:
> > I version the operator<< function and name it operator<<.number (creating
> > an identifier which is not valid in the source code).
> > The assembly name created for the versioned function is the same as the
> > tree identifier, which is not valid for the assembler.
> > I tried creating an assembly name into DECL_ASSEMBER_NAME (using
> > decl_assembler_name()) as soon as a version is created. It didn't work. I
> > guess there's something I am missing.
> > I'd appreciate some advice :)
>
> could you step back and explain the big picture?

IPCP, and other Interprocedural optimizations, version functions.
As part of versioning functions, they need to create new names for the
versions they create.

As for why the new name doesn't work, it's not clear from the above.
I'd need to see the assembly and the error.
:)