Re: __builtin_cpow((0,0),(0,0))

On 2005-03-08, at 05:06, David Starner wrote:

The author's opinion comes from experience in the field. When someone
with a lot of experience talks, wise people listen, if they don't
agree in the end. I see no reason to casually dismiss that article.

My point is that there are really few hard arguments in the publication but
plenty of opinions instead. Thus there isn't much to agree with in it presented,
but plenty of things which you can feel free to obey instead. BTW. Isn't the
author the same person we have the gratitude to thank for the register stack
and hidden bits design of the 8087? Hmm...