Re: __builtin_cpow((0,0),(0,0))

Well, these were math lectures (Analysis 1,2 and 3, Function Theory, Numerical Mathematics and so on). In every lectures it was defined as 1 and in most cases mathematical expressions are mostly tried to transform in equivalent calculations for the FPU (even though associativity is for example not preserved).

I don't know of any standard which defines this to 0.

Robert Dewar wrote:
Ronny Peine wrote:

Sorry for this, maybe i should sleep :) (It's 2 o'clock here)
But as i know of 0^0 is defined as 1 in every lecture i had so far.

Were these math classes, or CS classes.

Generally when you have a situation like this, where the value of
the function is different depending on how you approach the limit,
you prefer to simply say that the function is undefined at that
point. As we have discussed, computers, which are not doing real
arithmetic in any case, often extend domains for convenience, as
in this case.