Re: tag request

On Sunday, March 6, 2005, at 05:17 PM, Alfonso Urdaneta wrote:
I'd like to start hacking on osx gcc. What tag is recommented to check out ? Also, what areas need work most? I'm an experienced programmer, but I know jack about gcc.

You have a few choices. Mainline is best, and what I would recommend. You might be interested in apple-ppc-branch, if you require something that more closely resembles a compiler that Apple might ship. In addition, there are 3.4.x release branches and 4.0.x release branches...

What areas? Ones that interest you would be best, as then you'l be more motivated to continue... :-) If you want ideas, there is a beginners page, plus, you could check out the projects page, or, you can wade through the bugs database...

And welcome.