Re: Pascal front-end integration

> Certainly porting to 4.x will require private tree codes - for example,
> SET_TYPE is no longer handled in the core code as not being used by any
> integrated language, so it will need to become a private Pascal tree code
> and be lowered in the Pascal gimplification code.  There may be other tree

Silly question: how are we supposed to emit debug info about sets? While
there are also some problems with gdb, in general gdb currently can
handle Pascal sets. Sets are part of DWARF-2 specification. Even if
gcc had provided a hook to emit front-end specific debug info it would
still be more total work then to have direct backend support.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl