Re: Pascal front-end integration

Mark Mitchell wrote:

James A. Morrison wrote:

I made this post, with my changes posted, to see if I would get any support.

I'd also suggesting contacting the GCC SC to see what their reaction would be.

Personally, I'm not necessarily convinced that adding Pascal to GCC is a good idea. I like Pascal just fine, but because every new language adds to the load on everyone. (In my ideal world, we'd have stable enough interfaces that it was easy to maintain front ends separately from the rest of the compiler, but, though I've been extolling that vision for years, I've made little progress in realizing it...)

So, the changes for 4.0/4.1 still don't help the situation enough? Or is it too early to tell?

Or would you just want to make sure that the Pascal maintainers play "by the rules, as everybody else", a la Ada?

Eric