Re: Inlining and estimate_num_insns

> How do you suppose we fix the three-fold run-time performance
> regressions I and other people see for their scientific code?

right!  in other words, do you want 4.0 to be a developer-only release,
or do you want anyone to use it to compile actual applications?

at least in my world, compilers run a few times and quite fast,
whereas applications run 2+ orders of magnitude more frequently
*AND* longer.  a 30% compiletime regression is in the noise,
but a job taking 3 days longer is not.