gcc leaking?

are there any allocation schemes besides garbage collection in gcc which preserve some memory for reuse which could cause memory leaks if not cleaned up, or are these bugs? (which don#t matter in the normal compilation process of course)

I'm using gcc as a library and experiencing memory leaks. I need a shared address space with gcc so invoking gcc is not an option. the leaks add up, because I need to reload gcc shared library since it's not safe to call gcc twice.

I loose about 500kb a compilation. is there anything besides garbage collection I can free before unloading?
(gc pages are released).

Thanks,

--
Stefan Strasser