Re: gcse pass: expression hash table

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Feb 24, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Tarun Kawatra wrote:

Actually I am trying to extend PRE implementation so that it performs strength reduction as well. it requires multiplication expressions to get into hash table.

Why do you want to do that? Strength reduction is done already in loop.c.

We may then get rid of loop optimization pass if the optimizations captured by extended pre approach is comparable to that of loop.c

May be not all, but then this approach can capture straight code strength reduction(which need not depend on any loop, like in case of induction variables
based optimization).

-tarun

Thanks, Andrew Pinski