Re: gcse pass: expression hash table

On Thursday 24 February 2005 21:59, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Tarun Kawatra wrote:
> > Actually I am trying to extend PRE implementation so that it performs
> > strength reduction as well. it requires multiplication expressions to
> > get into hash table.
>
> Why do you want to do that?
> Strength reduction is done already in loop.c.

First, that's a different kind of strength reduction.  Second,
we'd like to blow away loop.c so replacing it would not be a
bad thing ;-)  But the kind of strength reduction PRE can do
is something different.  Didn't Dan already have patches for
that in the old tree SSAPRE, and some ideas on how to do it
in GVN-PRE?

Gr.
Steven