How to get unused variable warning for non-PODs

Hi,

I want to know if its possible to get warnings for unused variables that have a user defined constructor and/or destructor.
I know that they are side-effect free and want to mark them for the compiler. But neither attribute const nor pure helped me here.

Btw: std::string would be IMO a good candidate for such an attribute.

Any ideas how to achieve this with GCC 3.4.x?

    Jörg