Bug status in Bugzilla

Hello,
I reported 2 bugs (bug19951 and bug19952) on Monday which were
apparently reproduced the same day.
However their status remains UNCONFIRMED.

As far as I understand the bugzilla system the status of a bug is set
to NEW if it is verified that this is indeed a bug.

Also if their status would be changed to NEW they would show up in the
list of open bugs and could be easily found by other users which would
avoid duplicate bug reports.

Michael Cieslinski