Re: pch on sparc64

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:36:13 -0500
Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:

> Yes, this is also rounded up to the page size at present.  Redefining
> HOST_HOOKS_GT_PCH_ALLOC_GRANULARITY should be all it takes..

[ responding to an ancient email, sorry... ]

This actually turns out to be impractical, as the necessary value
on sparc is:

1) variable, it's 16K when running on a sparc64 machine but totally
   different and dependant upon what kind of cpu is plugged into the
   computer on sparc32 machines.  There is no simply way to probe for
   this value either.

2) can be large, up to 4MB or so with certain sparc32 configurations

So I guess the recent version of the fix to simply read in the
file contents into anonymous memory when necessary is the most
appropriate.  It's probably cheaper than relocating things too.