This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fprintf symbol in libgcc of gcc 3.3 vs 4.0
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:21:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: fprintf symbol in libgcc of gcc 3.3 vs 4.0
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <20050214150913.924B81DC09A@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
Jack Howarth wrote:
I am trying to find out if there has been some change to the
internal symbol name associated with fprintf in libgcc of gcc 4.0
compared to gcc 3.3. In particular, I am concerned about being
able to use the linker from gcc 4.0 to link in IBM Fortran XL code
with gcc 4.0 compiled code using the libgcc.a from gcc 4.0.
Specifically does the same _fprintf exist in libgcc.a on both
gcc 3.3 and gcc 4.0? If not what can one do work around such
symbol changes short of waiting for any update of the IBM Fortran
fprintf is not part of libgcc, it is part of the c runtime (libc).
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
email@example.com :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk