Re: Using up double diskspace for working copies (Was Re: Detailsfor svn test repository)

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 16:35, Joern RENNECKE wrote:

> Actually, having one copy of the entire repository might be cheaper than
> having
> several dozen double checkouts.  But then, having no firm, easily memorized
> revision numbers is certainly a much larger issue.  I understand that
> distributed
> revision control systems would make it much harder to refer to a particular
> version.

Why do you need to keep the source around at all (unless you are
actively working on that version)?  All you need is the single revision
number string and you can guarantee to get exactly that source code back
at any time you want, should you need it.

So you should only need at most one copy of the source in your
regression testing system, and when you copy the binaries, just record
which revision they were built from.

R.