Re: Details for svn test repository

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 04:39 +0100, Marcin Dalecki wrote:
> On 2005-02-11, at 04:23, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >>>
> > It was perfectly fair. He's complaining the source has dependencies,
> > and
> > uses configure to find out what is available, and complains when it
> > can't find the things it absolutely depends on.
>
> Because apr and apr-util are providing things subversion doesn't need

And at the same time, providing things it does need, hence the
requirement.
It relies on it for portable file i/o and such (particularly across unix
and win32).

> > Because every user program depends on some library or another.
>
> Which is of course false.

Whatever.
Everything in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin on my osx box, my windows machine,
my linux machine, and the aix box appear to be linked against shared
library.

If you want to lawyer me, don't bother.
I've got a JD, i'm taking the bar exam in 11 days.
I'm not going for absolute precision in everything i say on the gcc
development mailing list, as most normal human beings do not when they
write.

I'm not talking to you giving you a very precise opinion of law, i'm
generalizing about the state of user programs.

So feel free to replace "every user program" with "vast majority of
useful user programs" like everyone else who read the email did.

--Dan