glib/backtrace question

Hi All,

Whatever happened to the backtrace() and backtrace_symbols() calls in
glib?
I came across a magazine article from a few years back where the author
was
using the "backtrace()" and "backtrace_symbols()" calls in order to
print
a backtrace during program execution.

I can't find those calls in glib anymore.

It seems that the preferred way of doing this now is to take a gcore,
and
start up a new gdb process to examine the stack, or to use a perl script
to translate the symbol names.

I would prefer to print a dynamic backtrace from within the process
being traced.

Are there currently glib function calls which allow me to walk the
stack?
Is there an interface in the gdb code that I can link to for a dynamic
backtrace?
Is there another library or other code which allows for dynamic
backtraces?

Brian

 Brian Hanley, Software Developer
 FlexTrade Systems - Great Neck, NY 11021
 brian.hanley@flextrade.com
 +1 (516) 627-8993 Ext. 238