This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Moving to an alternate VCS
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:35:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: Moving to an alternate VCS
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 10:05 +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:
> Daniel Berlin <email@example.com> writes:
> > My reasons are simple:
> > 4. Moving from a changeset based system to another changeset based
> > system at some point in the future (IE when monotone has fully
> > matured, or whatever) seems to me a much less difficult move than
> > moving from cvs to anything.
> 5. Unlike many free software projects, the Subversion team have placed
> a good deal of emphasis on documentation. IMHO, the manual is very
> good (and has been published in book form).
Yes, please see http://svnbook.red-bean.com