This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Can not connect to your site
- From: Nix <nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
- To: BChikvash at aol dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:33:47 +0000
- Subject: Re: Can not connect to your site
- References: <57B8650B.11ACC4D0.01F85B27@aol.com>
(This question is better sent to the gcc-help list.)
On 6 Feb 2005, BChikvash@aol.com wrote:
> While attempting to retrieve binaries for LINUX (Fedora 2/3)
> from your site, I got the following error message:
gcc.gnu.org doesn't provide binaries, only source code.
> "the connection was refused when attempting to contact gcc.gnu.org"
> I am not sure why and also,
The machine known as gcc.gnu.org, sources.redhat.com, cygwin.com (and
other names) has been down since Thursday due to hardware failure.
It seems to be back up now.
> where else can I get the kind of binaries I desire?
Um, your distributor? i.e. Red Hat? RH certainly provides GCC with
`anybody who quotes Russ [Allbery] can be forgiven almost anything!'
-- Stephen J. Turnbull