Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2005-02-03)

On Feb 6, 2005, at 4:41 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 11:49 -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
However, before that happens, it is important that we have a coherent
strategy for GCC 4.1.  There are a number of major branches (and
perhaps done on work that is not on a branch) that people will want to
integrate, and we must do that in an orderly fashion.

Therefore, we will use the same proposal-based procedure that we used
(late) in the GCC 4.0 timeframe.

I would like to make two suggestions for additions to this procedure.
First, I think it would be a good move to file tracker bugs in Bugzilla
for each proposal, possibly with dependent bugs for subtasks. A similar
procedure seems to work very well for the Mozilla folks.

I want to second this. This is important to get a better feeling on how these proposals are progressing. (It is not hard to create a keyword for a proposal so we know which bug is a proposal or not). It is also easier to track the dependancies between proposals.

-- Pinski