Re: OpenBSD pch, take 2

> * Marc Espie:
>
> >> How do you cope with Lisp (or Java) implementations which do
> >> essentially the same thing?  Is it just impossible to run them on
> >> recent OpenBSD versions?
> >
> > Yes. common-lisp has some issues, for instance.
>
> Eventually, you will be forced to fix this.  I don't think its worth
> to invest any effort into a GCC-specific workaround for this problem.

He isn't proposing a workaround, he's proposing disabling PCH for
OpenBSD, by creating host-openbsd.c.  If OpenBSD ever develops a
workaround, then that will require a host-openbsd.c file in any case.
So his patch will already have the right place to put that workaround.

In any case, I would take the opposite point of view.  Eventually, PCH
will need to support systems for which there is no fixed address
available (e.g., the Amiga).  When that support is available, OpenBSD
can take advantage of it.

Ian