Re: Continuing GCCNews

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
R. D. Flowers <rd@chatta.us> wrote:

I'm going to try to revive and continue
http://gccnews.chatta.us .

If you make it something more easily accessible (Wiki comes to mind), other people could contribute and help you. Now that I think of it, we already have an official GCC Wiki, so why not adding a page "GccTraffic" to it?

Giovanni Bajo

Well, the News Bruiser setup was started before there was a wiki (what is its URL these days?).

We probably should do as you suggest. I think the wiki form is likely to be the most suitable, but I think I'll not scrag the GCCNews thing just yet, just in case it wants to happen.

Even though it is not a wiki, the News Bruiser setup allows plural authors, and various permissions on comments, and plural notebooks with their own editors -- this would be relevant for non-English versions or for separate notebooks on Fortran, Patches, etc.

-- Heresy is choice. Choice is life.

I write:http://chalice.us/poe
       :http://brown.chatta.us
       :http://chalice.us/drum