Re: Apple specific options: patch to include them in the currentrelease gcc?

Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com> writes:

> We did have some useful discussion on inline asm blocks, and Ian
> put forth a spiffy compromise design that included the best
> features of both CW and GCC syntax - now just waiting for someone
> energetic enough to make it happen...

Hopefully somebody does it. The existing gcc inline syntax is
powerful, but also extremly easy to get wrong and quite obscure at
parts and when you look at inline assembly in some random free program
you often find totally bogus constraints etc or misunderstandings
how it works. Some simpler alternative that could be safely used without
too much RTFM and practice and would be very useful for all gcc
users I think.

-Andi