Re: Apple specific options: patch to include them in the current release gcc?

On Jan 27, 2005, at 8:22 PM, Matt Austern wrote:
- Patches that we haven't even bothered to submit because we're pretty sure they'd be rejected. (Example: alternate asm syntax that's more compatible with CodeWarrior and Visual C++.)

Actually, Stan submitted this and it was firmly rejected. A better example is some common-code
optimizer tweaks that are not applicable or negative for other targets. These can sometimes be
gotten into mainline by adding new macros, but people are skeptical of such changes, rightly so.