Re: Apple specific options: patch to include them in the current release gcc?

On Jan 27, 2005, at 4:47 PM, Remy X.O. Martin wrote:

Hello,

Apple has added a number of options to their gcc compilers which are quite necessary when building Cocoa/Carbon applications, and esp. when used with XCode; among others, -F <framework path>, -framework <name> and a few more. The framework related options *can* be emulated, but that's quite tricky.

Framework support has been in GCC since the earlier last year (I cannot remember
when).

Is anyone here aware of a set of patches that would introduce the (most important) Apple-specific options into gcc? I reckon there's a reason they're not included in the mainstream gcc releases, but I think (without having checked) that Apple's version is available from OpenDarwin.org . In that case, patches *might* exist...

If you search the lists you can see when this went in. Again search the lists before
asking.

-- Pinski