This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PRE (sometimes) confuses ivopts/scev?
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:18:26 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: PRE (sometimes) confuses ivopts/scev?
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Richard Guenther wrote:
> and the code produced is even better than before with -fno-tree-pre!
> For a runtime test of the tramp3d testcase we gain about 2% in
> runtime compared to -fno-tree-pre and about 5% compared to -ftree-pre
> without your patch.
Btw., we take a compile-time hit of ~0.5% for the tramp3d testcase,
but this could well be noise.
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>