Re: PRE (sometimes) confuses ivopts/scev?

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Richard Guenther wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:

I created PR tree-optimization/19624 with my testcase (took a day to
reduce...).

Okay, i think i've got it going now. Can you two test a patch for me if i send it to you?

Yes, of course.

Richard.

Give this a spin.

It should avoid insertion of the partial redundancy temporary phi node, but not avoid lifting invariant code.

(Note that it may insert dead code in the predecessors in this case, there's not much i can do about this, at least right now. The easiest fix is to just run DCE after PRE, which we were planning to do anyway because casts sometimes cause dead code insertion).

--Dan