Re: a question about Linux target dependence on GNU compiler.

Thank you for the reply.

> >> What I want to ask is not about customizing methods but
> >> some functions to be implemented on GNU compiler.
>
> Yes.  Now why are you implementing these functions?  Presumably in
> order to port GCC to a new Linux variant?

I am only interested about what processing for Linux OS target is done in GCC.
Actually, I don't intend to port GCC to a new Linux variant.

> >> I think that GCC has multithreading and shared library handling
> >> for Linux OS target.
> >>
> >> I want to know if there is something necessary other than the two
> >> (multithreading and shared library handling).
> >
> > GCC does none of the above.  Glibc provides the pthread library.
> > Glibc also provides the dynamic loader for the shared libraries (ld.so).
> > Binutils provides the static linker for linking shared libraries.
> > GCC just produces asm code from source code (Well it does more than that
> > but that is the basic idea).
>
> This is an oversimplification.  GCC does have to do a small handful of
> things relating to shared libraries, and a smaller handful of things
> relating to multithreading.

I think that GCC have to do something for shared libraries, and multithreading.
But, to tell the truth,
I don't understand that what does GCC concretely do something for these.
Could you give me the concrete example?

> And yes, there are a bunch of other things that GCC has to do in order
> to generate correct code for any given target.  If you would be more
> specific about what you're trying to do, we can be more specific about
> what you need to implement.

As has been mentioned,
I am only interested about what processing for Linux OS target is done in GCC.
So, I can't be more specific about I'm trying to do...

In other words,
I want only to know about the difference point of implementation
between GCC for Linux OS target and GCC for Non OS target.

---
Asao