Re: Bootstrap of trunk fails with Ada on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu.

On Jan 25, 2005, at 7:37 PM, Richard Kenner wrote:

Notice how we take the address of a CONSTRUCTOR this is wrong and we
should never do that.

And why is that?  How else would you express making a "fat pointer"
for a constant?  (Yes, you could create a temporary, but why?  If
gimplification wants one, it can make one (and will)).  This has
always been done and hasn't caused any problems.  If something
suddenly broke, it's not related to that.

I asked RTH about this before posting this here and he said Ada front-end
was broken and you need to create a temporary variable for the ADDR_EXPR.

I think there was another case like this in the Objective-C front-end
which fixed to create a CONST_DECL for it.

-- Pinski