This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 7013 [IA64] redeclaring volatile objects forces them always into long data
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: wilson at specifixinc dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:12:23 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: PR 7013 [IA64] redeclaring volatile objects forces them always into long data
> It was originally submitted against gcc-3.1. I can reproduce with
> gcc-3.1 and gcc-3.2.3, but not gcc-3.3 branch.
> I didn't check for when exactly it was fixed, but the PR claims a
> problem with ENCODE_SECTION_INFO, and Richard Henderson completely
> rewrote the ENCODE_SECTION_INFO support 2002-05-18, so that is probably
> the patch that fixed it.
> So all we need to do is say that it is already fixed in gcc-3.3 and
> close it.
> Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com
OK, but it looks like I do not have the needed permission do that. If I
look at a PR that I submitted I see options for closing it or
reassigning it. But when I look at a bug that I did not submit (like PR
7013) my only option is "Leave as NEW".
Can you close it out?