Re: PR 7013 [IA64] redeclaring volatile objects forces them alwaysinto long data

Steve Ellcey wrote:
What is the process for closing a PR where no patch is needed?

If you are sure that it is already fixed, then you just close it. We don't have paying customers, so we don't need to confirm with anyone before closing a PR. If a PR is closed in error, then it is up to the submitter to prove that it is still a problem and re-open it.

I am
loooking at PR 7013 and I cannot reproduce the problem on any IA64 GCC
compiler I have.

It was originally submitted against gcc-3.1. I can reproduce with gcc-3.1 and gcc-3.2.3, but not gcc-3.3 branch.

I didn't check for when exactly it was fixed, but the PR claims a problem with ENCODE_SECTION_INFO, and Richard Henderson completely rewrote the ENCODE_SECTION_INFO support 2002-05-18, so that is probably the patch that fixed it.

So all we need to do is say that it is already fixed in gcc-3.3 and close it.