Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:02:52PM +0100, Helge Hess wrote:
> All the information which was passed out is "the Objective-C frontend
> won't work in GCC 4.0" and as a happy cc1obj user without any issues so
> far I think it is completely valid to ask for clarification even though
> I'm not a GCC internals expert.

No such announcement was ever made.  What Mark announced was that
Objective-C bugs would not be treated as release-critical.  What this does
is to impose a time limit on getting Objective-C bug fixes into the
compiler.  It may well be that all remaining Objective-C problems get
fixed before 4.0.0 goes out.  If not, there's still the opportunity to fix
them for 4.0.1.