This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bundle boundaries in ia64 assembly output?
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: wilson at specifixinc dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 05 23:35:14 EST
- Subject: Re: bundle boundaries in ia64 assembly output?
> I don't follow why it would change the code. Or do you mean having
> to do with bundling. If so, yes, that's precisely the concern and why
> it's currently broken for IAS.
Yes, it changes bundling, which in turn changes the code. It may be a
subtle change, but it can affect whether bugs are reproducible.
I suspect we're saying the same thing, but want to make sure.
A problem is that if you view each debugging label as forcing a new
bundle, it changes the executable code. I agree with that and see it
as a major problem in the present approach with IAS.