This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSE scalar/float transition
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: tbp <tbptbp at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:09:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: SSE scalar/float transition
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:36:44PM +0100, tbp wrote:
> Hopefully recent gcc4 eliminate those useless store/load ...
It should do. I'd consider failure to eliminate it in
simple cases like the above to be a bug.
> ... but i wonder
> if there's a way to write that in a cleaner way (while dodging the
> "can't convert between vector values of different size" issue).