This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Migrate to Autotest for testing framework?
- From: Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus at futureapps dot de>
- To: Sam Lauber <sam124 at operamail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:44:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: Migrate to Autotest for testing framework?
- Organization: VoCal web
- References: <20050124024217.1E52223CF7@ws5-3.us4.outblaze.com>
Sam Lauber wrote:
(sorry for the empty message, I accidently hit `send')
I think GCC should use GNU Autotest (part of Autoconf) as
the testing framework instead of DejaGNU. It would (1)
allow GCC to be tested on the platforms DejaGNU does not
support, and (2) have the advantage of the shell.
It has been a royal pain to compile auto*ed software
on OSs without a Unix emulation on top (process model,
pipes, job control, tool set including full bash). I don't think
that importing even more of the complexities of the O(terrible(n))
Autoconf dependence set will help porting?