Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report [2005-01-21]

On Friday 21 January 2005 18:45, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>  There are a number of
> issues revolving around ivopts.

I would like to point out that many things that the bug masters blame
IVopts for, are really issues with other parts of the infrastructure,
and IVopts just happens to expose them.  I've analyzed three problems
this week that IVopts got blamed for.  Only one is really an IVopts
issue, the other was a DOM problem (Dan fixed that) and the third one
was an out-of-ssa problem.
IVopts is not the scape goat of gcc.  If you analyze the underlying
issues suddenly IVopts doesn't look as bad anymore (though it's still
ugly code ;-).

Gr.
Steven