Re: RFC: logical expression in test directive target lists

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 12:30:36PM -0800, Janis Johnson wrote:
> I'm once again frustrated by the lack of logical operators in target
> and xfail selectors in dg- test directives as I try to mark tests
> unsupported or expected failures for very specific combinations of
> targets and effective targets.  I'd like to add support for logical
> operators in a way that fits in with the style of the test directives
> and is acceptable to people who'd like to run the testsuite with tools
> other than DejaGnu.  I'd appreciate feedback before I tackle
> implementing any of this in TCL.

It's Friday afternoon and I felt like doing something fun, so I
implemented proposal 2 because it seems easiest to read:

>   selector-expression:
>     tt-or-k
>     { ! selector-expression }
>     { selector-expression && selector-expression }
>     { selector-expression || selector-expression }
>
>   examples:
>     { target { powerpc*-*-* && lp64 } }
>     { target { ! { hppa*-*-* || ia64-*-* } } }
>     { xfail { lp64 || vect_no_align } }

I'm still playing around with it, but it allows me to skip or xfail
(with an appropriate open PR, of course) all of the unexpected test
failures I've looked at so far.  The current version even allows
a list of target triplets inside "" or {} as an operand, so the
second example could just be { ! "hppa*-*-* ia64-*-*" }.

Janis