This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Arguments for Obj-C++ in GCC 4.0
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars dot sonchocky-helldorf at hamburg dot de>
- Cc: Laski Ziemowit <zlaski at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:18:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: Arguments for Obj-C++ in GCC 4.0
- References: <067B7E59-6C03-11D9-A437-000393CBC4B6@hamburg.de>
On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 12:20:23AM +0100, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
> here are some arguments if you need them to get obj-c++ out of the door
> for 4.0
"A bunch of people on IRC are unhappy" is not an argument. The code is
ready when it's ready.
The issues raised by Geoff Keating were not "bureaucracy", they were
technical, and they were resolved; the final resolution was
This was an important issue because the wrong design would have slowed
down the C and C++ compilers more. As it is, all C and C++ users will pay
a slight penalty due to the support of ObjC++, but a threshold (no more
than 1% cost) was agreed to and was met.
Many of the comments in the IRC log you quote seem misinformed or out of