Re: Links between bugzilla and gccwiki

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 06:44:46PM -0500, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>
> > So would you like me to remove the linking pending the outcome of that
> > discussion?
> >
> I'd like to see the GCC Wiki on gcc.gnu.org.  Is this a decision for the
> SC, or is this something we can vote on?

The SC doesn't have to get involved to add a Wiki to gcc.gnu.org.  There
might be an issue, though, if part of the GCC project is hosted on another
machine.

Unfortunately, the FSF has a rather paranoid policy concerning external
links, and rather than trying to restrict Daniel in any way as to what he
puts on his web site, it seems simpler to just put the wiki on gcc.gnu.org
if people find it useful (and it seems clear that people do) and make it
more prominent (I'll bet a lot of people who could benefit from the wiki
are not aware that it exists).