Re: Links between bugzilla and gccwiki

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Joe Buck wrote:

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 04:40:45PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
gccwiki has always had a syntax to link to bug reports, but the reverse
has not been true.

I have modified Bugzilla to allow links to gccwiki pages simply by putting
them in [[]]

IE writing [[Improved alias analysis]] in a bugzilla comment will be
turned into a link to the Improved alias analysis page on the gccwiki.

Hopefully, when people are writing bug reports that include future plans,
etc, they can simply reference the approriate page on the Wiki.

Nice feature, but ...

Up to now, the "GCC Wiki" was something that you were running on your
site; it was basically your project to run as you wish.

Uh, okay.
 Tying it in to
Bugzilla this way makes it much more official.

I can remove it if you guys, it was just a requested feature by a couple developers, so i implemented it.
I never bothered to think of the political implications of adding urls to bugzilla :)

If we do this, shouldn't
we put the GCC Wiki on gcc.gnu.org, instead of having it on your personal
site?

I'm happy to do this if people want.

So would you like me to remove the linking pending the outcome of that discussion?