Re: Links between bugzilla and gccwiki

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 04:40:45PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> gccwiki has always had a syntax to link to bug reports, but the reverse
> has not been true.
>
> I have modified Bugzilla to allow links to gccwiki pages simply by putting
> them in [[]]
>
> IE writing [[Improved alias analysis]] in a bugzilla comment will be
> turned into a link to the Improved alias analysis page on the gccwiki.
>
> Hopefully, when people are writing bug reports that include future plans,
> etc, they can simply reference the approriate page on the Wiki.

Nice feature, but ...

Up to now, the "GCC Wiki" was something that you were running on your
site; it was basically your project to run as you wish.  Tying it in to
Bugzilla this way makes it much more official.  If we do this, shouldn't
we put the GCC Wiki on gcc.gnu.org, instead of having it on your personal
site?