This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Sign extension of const_int rtx
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:18:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: Sign extension of const_int rtx
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 05:21:35PM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> This implies that constants are always sign extended if HOST_WIDE_INT
> is wider than the effective mode of the constant.
Correct. Which should be checked by e.g. immediate_operand,
and created by e.g. gen_int_mode.