Re: a question about fix-header.c

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Zack Weinberg wrote:

Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:

You realize it's probably a lot easier to do it with builtins, anyway?

The problem is that it's more than just free that can be attributed, free is just a major player here. So while free could be done with a builtin, the other user functions obviously can't :)

Anything in glibc's headers (SuS, roughly) can and should be handled with builtins. Outside the domain of standards, I think it should be left to users to update their headers as appropriate.

Right, but again, this reqiures more than just a builtin.
If the user wants to attribute their program headers (IE this attribute is uesful for user written functions), we have to provide them an attribute to do it :)

zw