Re: a question about fix-header.c

Having just tortured danny berlin, the person who started me on this quest, I can now say "never mind". He had pointed me to some code that is most likely unused but still lives in the gcc source directory that purportes to fix include files.

I have now been told that there is a version of your project that lives either lives in or at least the output lives in some other part of the gcc directories. I will start looking there and only bother you again if this turns out to also be wrong.

Thankyou for your time.

Sorry again.

kenny

Bruce Korb wrote:

Bruce Korb wrote:

Kenneth Zadeck wrote:

I would like to modify fix includes so that it adds the attribute
"pointer-no-escape" onto the function definition of free in stdlib.h
(and possibly some other fuctions as well).

I am having trouble figuring out how to do this.

Dan Berlin said that you might be able to point me in the

correct direction.

"correct direction" ?? Maybe I should have remembered the title, instead of reading, "modify fix includes" too literally. "fix-header.c" is a different program that is included in the more-or-less same process as the "fixincl" program that I wrote. For aesthetic reasons, it would be nice to incorporate its functionality into the "fixincl" program. I looked at doing that a few years ago, but determined it was more effort than it was worth (to me). At this point, now that fixincludes is a semi-autonomous installable project, it would be a good thing to do. Not today. Meanwhile, as far as "correct direction" is concerned, I'd have to "read the source, Luke" to try to re-understand what fix-header was doing. Sorry. :(

Regards, Bruce